Social Media Marketing
Social Media Marketing has become an essential activity for businesses small or large and be particularly useful as a free form of advertising for your ecommerce website. Many small business owners realize that they need to integrate social media into their marketing campaign but are not sure of what to do. Many small business owners lack time and experience to do social media marketing. Here are the top 7 tips for effective social media marketing:
- Identify your goals: This is the first step to create a successful social media campaign. Identify your goals and needs. You must have a clear idea of what you want to achieve on social media. For some it can be more likes, shares, retweets etc and for others it can be increasing sales, revenue or finding new customers.
- Plan: After you have identified your goals plan how you are going to achieve this . Analyze how much time you can use for social media. And don’t forget to have a deadline in order to achieve specific goals.
- Select a social media network: Social media networks are different from each other. For example Linkedin is best suited for B2B marketers and Facebook has audience of all types. So, decide on which social network your audience hangs out. Marketing to the wrong audience on the wrong network is not going to produce any results.
- Focus on one network at a time: If you have decided to promote your products/services on more than one network than focus on 1 network at a time. In this way you are going to execute your marketing campaign successfully.
- Follow 80/20 rule: You must share 80% of content from industry related sites and 20% of your own content. Social media is not about talking it’s more about listening. So don’t over promote your business.
- Engage your audience: Listen what others are saying and participate in social discussions. Engaging your audience, answering their questions and removing their doubts is the best way to gain their trust and build a loyal following.
- Monitor Analytics: You must monitor your campaign on a regular basis. Set a metric on how to measure ROI of a marketing campaign. ROI can be in different forms such as increasing number of followers, increasing website visitors or generating more traffic or sales. Monitor your analytics carefully and make improvements as necessary.
These are just few of our Social Media Marketing tips. There is a lot more to social media. If you follow above tips you can use social media effectively.